RUTHLESS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Champion

2 posters

Go down

The New Champion Empty The New Champion

Post by Howell Saxon Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Sharply dressed in a pinstriped suit and silk tie, with the RPW World Championship belt slung over his shoulder, Howell Saxon strides down to the ring, greeted by deafening boos. Undeterred by this, his smug grin is wider than ever in the wake of his new status. As he enters the ring, he even turns round to the crowd and gestures to the belt, chuckling arrogantly at the crowd’s disgusted vocal response, he gestures for the mic, which is reluctantly passed to him.

Howell Saxon
So. I hear Stevens has a bit of recovering to do.

Tony Atlas, sitting at the table, shakes his head sadly to himself, trying not to let his disgust show too much. The crowd have no such reservations, and start booing and hissing again.

Howell Saxon
Hopefully that’s taught him that I’m not to be messed with. Not that anyone here should’ve needed reminding… I’ve made my skillset clear enough to you all on multiple occasions, after all.

The disgusted boos continue. Howell grins, basking in the crowd’s hate as per usual.

Howell Saxon
You can yell your protests at me all you like, you bloody idiots! You saw what happened at All Out Brawl. I won the RPW World Championship, and anyone who doesn’t like that is just going to have to suck it up and live with it. Because, frankly, I’m the only man here who’s the least bit worthy of that belt. Take a good hard look at a man with real skill. Real talent. And now real status. And I’m not going to let that status fall out of my hands anytime soon.

TBC - Kevin Owens
Howell Saxon
Howell Saxon

Back to top Go down

The New Champion Empty Re: The New Champion

Post by Kevin Owens Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:25 am

As Saxon goes to say something else he is interrupted by the sound of a car horn going off repeatedly.

From behing the curtains pops Kevin Owens in the driver seat of a clown car. As Kevin is driving down the ramp, the clowns become more and more apparent.He parks the car about 6 feet from the ring and honks the horn one more time before leaving the car. As he starts walking up the steps, a gaggel of clowns start to walk out of the car all holding different things: balloons, juggling balls, normal clown faire, etc.

J. R.: What kind of buffoonery is this?

Kevin walks between the ropes to the table and the clowns follow. He takes a mic from the table. Tony Atlas begins laughing and tries his best to hide it.

Kevin Owens
Look Saxon, I know that you are new to this whole being a champion thing. I have been champion everywhere I've been, so I've been there before. It's stressful, it's frightening, you're uncomfortable.

Kevin looks him up and down.

Kevin Owens
Well more uncomfortable than usual. Anyway, I wanted to make sure your time as champion is as enjoyable as possible, so I brought some of your people to the ring to ease you into the situation.

The fans laugh and cheer for Owens. Though hardly a fan-favourite, he's still a lot more popular with the RPW Galaxy than Howell Saxon. The clowns prance around the RPW Champion as Owens can't help but laugh in his face.

Kevin Owens
Let's be real here, your reign as champion is going to be short lived and forgettable, but hey you beat Jerry Stevenson. Good for you. Do you know why you're the champion? Because you've never faced me. You've never faced anyone who's wrestled as long as me. You've never faced someone who will do anything to win the title like me.

Kevin hands the contract to Tony Atlas and then proceeds to throw the table to the outside of the ring.
J. R.: Owens started things off with a joke, but he's getting right down to business, now!

Tazz: Well, power to him! He's been held back in lieu of Jeremy Stevens and Howell Saxon. Kevin Owens is not the kind of man you hold back in a wrestling company. Just ask Jim Cornette, ask Vince McMahon. This is why he's here and not there.

Kevin Owens
You like to think that you're the most evil and maniacal person in RPW. That's also because you've never faced me.

Saxon laughs, and looks down at his title. Owens grabs his face and pulls him closer.

Kevin Owens
LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH!

"OOOOHHHHHH!!!"

Even Atlas seems taken aback by Owens' intense attitude toward this match.

Kevin Owens
That title belt? You won it because me and Chris Jericho let you win it. You have it right now because me and Chris Jericho are letting you have it. Come Locked & Loaded, you'll never see that belt again. Because you are a talentless snake with a good shit-eating grin and that's it, that's the only reason this company put their eggs in your basket. Not because you have what it takes, but because you make a good bad guy for ratings.

Kevin lets go of Saxon walks away to gain a cool head. One of the clown tries to pat him on the back but he shoves him away, before turning back to Saxon.

Kevin Owens
You know why some people boo me? It's not because I play a "bad guy" or because that's what the plants the company puts in the audience are told to do. It's because I tell the truth. If I run someone down, it's the truth. If I insult someone, it's the truth. So you and all of these people will know I am telling the truth when I say that you are the most expendable and generic person in this company and you'll be lucky if you have a job in three months. And I for one can't wait until you get your ungrateful and smirky ass out of my ring.

The crowd are fully behind Owens as he runs down the current RPW Champion. He gets right in his face.

Kevin Owens
You're the Ryback of RPW.

"OOOOHHHHHH!!!"

Saxon has had enough, that last comment has crossed the line.

TBC - Saxon
Kevin Owens
Kevin Owens

Back to top Go down

Post by Howell Saxon Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Before Owens has time to react, Howell snatches the mic off him defiantly. The crowd’s mood drops immediately, the cheers fading into boos and hisses. Howell’s signature smirk immediately spreads back over his face as he raises the mic to his lips and stares Owens down.

Howell Saxon
You say I’m generic, eh? You think there’s nothing that stands out about me? Well, maybe you’d have a different perception if you actually focused on things that matter – things like training, talent, the ability to deliver the goods. But that’s unrealistic to assume of you, isn’t it, Owens?

The crowd continue booing, but seem interested to hear where Howell’s going with this.

Howell Saxon
Maybe if you spent more time hitting the gym and learning how to throw a punch or successfully carry out a grapple or throw, you might have this belt over your shoulder right now instead of me. But no, Owens, you’re more concerned with your clowns, your golf carts, your two-man bicycle with your precious little bosom buddy Jericho. Flashy showmanship, overblown theatrics… they won’t get you anywhere, mate. My old MMA instructor would have a thing or two to say about your work ethic.

Owens is seething, but Howell doesn’t let this deter him – he leans forward and gets right in Owens’ face. The crowd goes quiet, tense.

Howell Saxon
Memo to Kevin Owens. Ostentatious theatrics are no substitute for hard, hard work. But I guess you wouldn’t know about that, since you seem to let Jericho do all that for you.

Rage flashes in Owens’ eyes as yells erupt from the crowd – half disgusted, half excited to see the drama unfolding. Owens’ posture is tense, fists clenched white-knuckle tight, but he tries to contain himself. Howell grins, ready to push Owens as far as possible.

Howell Saxon
That said, I suppose I should give you credit for at least coming out here to talk to me. Makes a nice change. I suppose that means even you know you’ve been doing bugger all for this federation? You were right about one thing – I do get ratings.

Howell turns around to face the crowd.

Howell Saxon
For as much as you all whinge about how much you hate me, how much you want me out, you need to face the facts – you love watching me. I can deliver a great match, and I can fucking win it too. More so than this lazy little nobody here.

The crowd boo and hiss as Owens clenches his teeth. Howell pushes past the clowns and steps up to Atlas who stills holds the contract. He takes Atlas’ pen, ready to sign the contract, but seems to decide he’s not done yet. With a smug chuckle, he turns to look at Owens again.

Howell Saxon
In fact, I can’t say I’m all that impressed with your public speaking either. I mean, how many times do you have to belabour the point that I’ve never faced you? And you call me repetitive! You’re a bloody hypocrite and a loser, Owens!

Owens finally seems about ready to snap. He steps up to Howell, getting right in his face.

Kevin Owens
What did you call me?!

Howell Saxon
You heard. And don’t bother saying anything in your defence; you know I’m right. Cheap, flashy shitshows are all you’re good for.

Howell turns back and signs his contract, but hangs onto the pen. He turns back to Owens.

Howell Saxon
For what it’s worth, Owens, I hope I do get to fight you soon. Just to expose you for the fraud you are. Who knows? Maybe I’ll get to fight you and Jericho at once, since you two seem to be so close!

Howell throws the pen in Owens’ fuming face.

Howell Saxon
We all know he’ll give me a better fight than you ever could.

Owens stares at Howell with pure hatred while Howell stands and laughs at his enraged opponent. Atlas is shaking his head in disbelief.

TBC – Kevin Owens

Howell Saxon
Howell Saxon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum