RUTHLESS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repairs and Reputation

Go down

Repairs and Reputation Empty Repairs and Reputation

Post by Howell Saxon Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Howell Saxon stands outside a garage, in his everyday clothes, finishing off a cigarette. He glances inside as the whir of a sander starts up again. He yells at the mechanics inside.

Howell Saxon
How’s it coming in there?

No answer – the equipment’s drowning him out. Howell rolls his eyes, tossing the cigarette, and storms away from the garage. He reaches the road and marches across, ignoring a couple of annoyed blasts from car horns. As he reaches the other side of the road, the second car honks at him again. Howell’s temper looks to be getting the best of him as he spins around to face the indignant motorist.

Howell Saxon
Listen, mate, I am not in th-

Howell’s face falls as he sees who’s driving the car… none other than Tony Atlas, who gives him a jovial wave and pulls into a parking spot. As Tony switches the engine off and steps out of the car, Howell shifts awkwardly on the spot but tries not to let his apprehension show.

Tony Atlas
Howell! Good afternoon.

Howell Saxon
Atlas.

Tony steps up to join Howell on the pavement.

Tony Atlas
What brings you to this end of town?

Howell nods across the road in the direction of the garage. Tony gives an understanding nod, trying not to let his satisfied smirk show. Howell’s face twists further into a scowl.

Tony Atlas
So, how you feeling? Ready for the Elimination Chamber?

Howell shrugs dismissively, trying to bring his signature smirk back.

Howell Saxon
Why wouldn’t I be? I may have had a slight setback with the last match, but I don’t doubt I’ll be better prepared this time round. It’s every man for himself in the Elimination Chamber, so this time I won’t have Nero holding me back.

Tony raises an eyebrow at Howell sceptically.

Tony Atlas
I thought you liked Nero?

Howell Saxon
Oh, I respect him. I respect that he’s not afraid to get his hands dirty, and that his gimmicks aren’t the only thing of note about him.

Howell pushes his shoulders back, straightening up, and steps towards Tony, trying to intimidate him. Unsurprisingly, Tony doesn’t react, but Howell persists.

Howell Saxon
But unfortunately for you, I’m not suited to tag teams. I’m a lone wolf, Atlas, it’s in my nature, and if that means you can’t plaster big fancy posters everywhere or conjure up alliances between your fighters, that’s too bad. Every man for himself is the way it should be. Survival of the fittest. I’m my own man, and I don’t need support to succe-

Howell’s phone starts buzzing in his pocket. His face falls again as he digs it out. Tony folds his arms as Howell looks at the screen, rolling his eyes as he sees who’s calling.

Howell Saxon
Christ…

Howell answers the call and raises the phone to his ear.

Howell Saxon
Hi, I… no, they haven’t fixed it yet, I was going to go and grab some cigs. Did you want me to bring anything back?

A pause as the person on the other end of the phone retorts.

Howell Saxon
Okay, fine, I’ll… oh, would you get off my back?! I told you it wasn’t my fault, those morons sabotaged it. I told you this whole federation’s got it in for me!

The other side of the conversation gets louder. Tony raises his eyebrows. Howell looks embarrassed as he lowers his voice.

Howell Saxon
Darling, listen to me. Okay? Let’s stop this yelling at each other, alright? It’s not productive. Look, we can afford the repairs on the car, it’s not a big deal. And once I win the Elimination Chamber I’ll have a whole lot of respect back too. Okay?

He pauses again to let the other person speak, but looks exasperated at what they say.

Howell Saxon
I don’t know, it could be a couple of days for all I… hey, there was a lot of damage done to that car, how many times do I have to say it wasn’t my bloody fault!

Howell hangs up and quickly turns his phone off before he can get a call back. He finally sees Tony’s quizzical expression and gives a bitter smirk.

Howell Saxon
If you must know, my wife’s giving me an earful about what your goons did to our car.

Tony Atlas
I wasn’t aware you were married, Howell.

Howell shrugs, clearly embarrassed but trying to play it off.

Howell Saxon
It never came up. Unlike your bosom buddy Reagan, I don’t make a point of telling sob stories about my personal life every chance I get… Not that they’d need to be sob stories in my case; my wife and I have a very healthy marriage.

Tony Atlas
Really?

Howell Saxon
Absolutely. Couldn’t be happier. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to grab those cigarettes before I start training up for the Elimination Chamber.

Howell spins around and walks over to the door of the corner shop. Before heading inside, he throws one last glance over his shoulder, flashing Tony his trademark smug grin.

Howell Saxon
You’ll see, Atlas. I’m the most talented man in RPW and deep down you know it. I’ll have that title back in no time.

Howell barges inside the shop. Tony, left by himself, smirks and shakes his head.
Howell Saxon
Howell Saxon

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum