RUTHLESS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highlight Reel

2 posters

Go down

Highlight Reel Empty Highlight Reel

Post by Chris Jericho Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 pm

When we return to the ringside area the set for the Highlight Reel has been prepared. The Jeritron 10,000 hangs from the rafters with the logo screening on it, and there's a couple of leather stools on each side of it, as well as some other decorations and a dark grey mattress replacing the usual ring mat.

Jim Ross: This is bound to be interesting! The heat between the RPW Champion, Howell Saxon, and the best friends Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho has never been higher. It culminates here, tonight!

Tazz: Actually, I'd argue it culminates at their match at Locked & Loaded. But hey, you do you, J.R..

The crowd pop loudly! The theme song gets to its chorus and the number one contender for the RPW Championship and, of course, his best friend, come out on stage. They look confident as ever, sporting their new official 'Best Friends Forever' t-shirt, available only on RPWshop.com, but not the RPW Euroshop. Jericho and Owens get to the ring and enter in an orderly fashion. They are both handed microphones by a ringside official. Y2J immediately yells into the mic, cutting into the theme song.

Chris Jericho
WELCOME TO RPW IS CHRIS JERICHO AND KEVIN OWENS!

The fans cheer loudly, even though that sentence went on for way too long.

Chris Jericho
Most of all, welcome to the Highlight Reel with Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. We all know that to make RPW Showtime a watchable television programme, it needs the premier talk show in the history of the world and perhaps of professional wrestling. And here it is, my gift to you. The first ever edition of the Highlight Reel in a Ruthless Professional Wrestling Showtime episode... REEL IT IN, MAAAANNN!

The crowd laugh as Jericho poses.

Kevin Owens
Let's not forget the new member of this cast: me, the RPW Champion, Kevin Owens. Now let's get this road show on the road!

Jericho and Owens high five, before they both take one of the stools. The Paragon of Virtue now takes to speaking with a much calmer tone:

Chris Jericho
Our guest tonight is a man that's been taking up perfectly fine roster space ever since RPW came back to business. The man I'm talking about is none other than the number one contender for our RPW Championship, Howard Saxophone.

Owens seems confused.

Kevin Owens
--I thought it was Harold Stem-Cell-Research?

Chris Jericho
Harry Stems, exactly. This is a man who's mere appearance in a match makes any on-the-fence wrestling fan go "Oh, fuck off" and change the channel. Only for the other channel to have James Ellsworth on it and the fan goes "Oh, fuck off" again, and changes back. Then back and forth until one of them is gone from the show. It would probably be simpler to just watch Price is Right at this point. Hell, we all know Bob Barker could go harder in the ring than Sousaphone does and actually manage to win a match clean. You know... That's the kind of stuff that comes with actually being talented. Actually deserving title shots and title reigns. Actually achieving the accolades you set out to achieve. Just look at me, the first ever Undisputed World Champion in the history of professional wrestling. Look at Kevin Owens, the longest reigning Universal Champion in the history of professional wrestling. Now look at Huey Styrofoam: no achievements, no accolades, not even a single participation in a match that's not completely forgettable.

Jericho pauses.

Kevin Owens
Not to mention the lack of personality, character, integrity, intelligence, and most of all, self-awareness. You know what Hubert Smarties is? He's the guy in eleventh grade who is genuinely convinced that the reason he doesn't have any friends is because he's so cool people see him as unapproachable, and that the only reason he hasn't stolen your girl is because he can't be bothered. And you know what, Chris?

Chris Jericho
What. Kevin?

Kevin Owens
You know what, Chris?

Chris Jericho
Oh, I think I do, best buddy.

Jericho and Owens speak in unison into the microphone as they turn to face the hard camera.

Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens
Hugo Schindler is a virgin.

The fans laugh and their premeditated attempt at a joke. Kevin gets up off his seat and turns to the titantron.

Kevin Owens
And that pathetic lack of self awareness, that lack of respect for the business or anyone around you, not to mention the lack of skill! Those are the real reasons why you will never...

Chris Jericho
EVER-AH!

Kevin Owens
...Take the RPW Championship away from us.

The fans laugh.

Jim Ross: I think Kevin Owens really is convinced that he's the champion already.

Tazz: It's a good way of thinkin'!

Chris Jericho
And now, without further ado! Our guest! Let's give it up for!...

They both point their hands at the stage area.

Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens
Hamish Syphilis!
Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho

Back to top Go down

Highlight Reel Empty Re: Highlight Reel

Post by Howell Saxon Sun May 14, 2017 11:46 pm

“Into the Void” blasting behind him and unrelenting boos erupting in front of him, Howell Saxon stomps out moodily onto stage. As he walks down to the ring, his signature smirk is replaced with a scowl – he wants the audience to know he has no patience for Owens and Jericho. He exchanges glares with the two men before stepping up to them and standing over the stools defiantly, arms folded. He gestures for the microphone, which Owens reluctantly throws to him. Howell glances over Owens and Jericho and, finally, smirks a little, raising the microphone.

Howell Saxon
Two against one. Well, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that neither of you have the balls to confront me one-on-one.

The crowd burst into boos again, but Howell ignores them. He steps over to Owens and grabs a handful of his t shirt, shaking it at the crowd as if to say, “Look at this”.

Howell Saxon
In case you lot had forgotten about their little partnership.

He lets Owens’ shirt go and glares down at him and Jericho.

Howell Saxon
I’ll tell you something, you morons. These people seem to love how inseparable the the pair of you are. They find it endearing. Personally, I find it pathetic.

Chris Jericho
Hey, Huey, list-

Howell Saxon
Shut it. If you or Owens had a fucking fraction of my skill, maybe you might have a leg to stand on. Some legitimate criticisms to throw my way. But you don’t, so you resort to petty insults with no real clout to back them up. Taking shots at my personality and social life… I’ll tell you two clowns why I think you’re so obsessed with getting everyone to like you. You’ve got no real talent. So you compensate with flashy theatrics and your tacky little novelty shirts to remind everyone of what good friends you are. Me? I don’t give a shit about any of that. I want to give everyone here a bit of an education. Show some real resilience and training. People like me and Ambrose are genuine. Real. Raw. And if nobody here can appreciate that, well, you’re even more stupid than I thought.

Howell tosses the mic to the floor, not bothering to pass it back. The crowd boo relentlessly, disgusted at Howell as ever. This only seems to lift his spirits, however, as his trademark grin comes back and spreads across his face while Owens and Jericho glare at him in disgust.
Howell Saxon
Howell Saxon

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum